Closed: Saturday & Sunday
Purina Sheep Balancer
Purina Sheep Balancer is an all-purpose supplement for use in all stages of sheep production. Purina Sheep Balancer can be used to supplement breeding ewes and rams. It is also ideal for use in growing-finishing diets for high genetic potential feeder lambs fed for maximal performance. This non-medicated ration balancer contains 36%-protein. It also offers added calcium and ammonium chloride to help prevent urinary calculi.
Follow these management practices:
- Lambs should be adjusted gradually to this product (over a period of 5 to 7 days) to reduce the risk of overeating and other digestive disturbances.
- This ration can be self-fed to lambs if they are properly adjusted to the ration.
- Do not allow starved lambs access to this feed.
- Vaccinate all lambs to prevent enterotoxemia (overeating disease) with both C and D toxoid.
- Keep a constant supply of complete feed available to lambs. Do not allow fine material to accumulate in feeders.
- Provide adequate bunk space for each animal. Bunks should be well protected and well managed to prevent feed from becoming wet and moldy.
- When fed from a self-feeder, adjust feeder to minimize quantity of feed accumulating in the trough.
- Provide free choice salt at all times.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.