Closed: Saturday & Sunday
Land O Lakes Mare’s Match Foal Milk Replacer
Provide the nutrition your foals need to get off to a strong start and reach their full potential. Give them LAND O LAKES Mare’s Match foal milk replacer. Perfect for feeding orphan foals or foals born to mare’s with low milk supply. Our milk replacer helps set foals up for long-term success.
LAND O LAKES Mare’s Match foal milk replacer is ideal for:
- Feeding orphan foals
- Foals born to mares with low milk supply
- Foals born to mares who won’t allow them to nurse
- Foals born from mares in poor health
Bottle Feeding Foals
Feed LAND O LAKES® Mare’s Match® foal milk replacer for the first eight weeks following the suggested foal feeding schedule*:
- 2-7 days of age: 4 feedings per day, 4-8 quarts total
- 8-14 days: 4 feedings per day, 6-12 quarts total
- 15-28 days: 3 feedings per day, 8-15 quarts total
- 29-35 days: 3 feedings per day, 6-12 quarts total
- 36 days-weaning: 2 feedings per day, 4-8 quarts total
Water temperature for mixing foal milk replacer should be 110-120 degrees F. When foal milk replacer is delivered to the foal it should be 105 degrees F. Always weigh foal milk replacer powder and measure water for accurate mixing.
Provide free-choice, fresh, clean water along with a high-quality creep feed or LAND O LAKES® Mare’s Match® foal transition pellets to help ease the stress of weaning.