Proper weed management is one of the most cost-effective practices for range and pasture producers. Weeds cost pasture farmers and ranchers millions of dollars in lost production each year because they rob desirable forages of moisture and nutrients. This is the time of year we usually apply herbicides to our summer pastures for broadleaf weed control and a few troublesome kinds of grass. At Farmers Coop, we offer a variety of herbicides for weed and brush control as well as hand-held and agricultural field sprayers from Wylie and Bell.
- GrazonNext® HL herbicide is the easiest way to get broadleaf weeds out of the way of pasture production. It provides a simple, lasting solution for the toughest pasture and rangeland weeds and clears the way for more forage, meaning greater flexibility in a grazing program and higher per-acre beef production at the lowest cost possible.
- Remedy® Ultra herbicide provides convenient, flexible, long-lasting control of more than 35 brush species. Whether protecting grazing acres from encroaching brush, maintaining valuable fence lines or reclaiming overgrown pasture land, Remedy Ultra gets the job done.
- Chaparral™ herbicide is the broadest-spectrum weed and brush control product available for rangeland and pastures. It is the simple answer for several significant, unique needs, such as reducing the impact of toxic fescue through seedhead suppression and improving hay quality by removing Pensacola bahiagrass from bermudagrass.
- PastureGard® HL herbicide gives ranchers one flexible product that takes out broadleaf weeds and brush. Whether it’s protecting, improving or restoring valuable grazing acres, weed and brush control with PastureGard HL clears the way for more forage, better land utilization, and increased property values — all while helping ranchers raise more pounds of beef at the lowest cost possible.
- Grazon P+D herbicide for the control of broadleaf annual and perennial weeds, and certain woody plants and vines on CRP, rangeland and permanent grass pastures.
Stop by your local Farmers Coop and talk to the experts about pasture weed control. We have 15 locations in Eastern Oklahoma, the River Valley, and NW Arkansas.