Join Farmers Coop for a Large Animal Emergency Response Meeting on Wednesday, August 29, from 7:00 to 8:30 pm at the Benton Country Fairgrounds.
Large Animal Emergency Response Experts from the University of Arkansas, LSU School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana Tech, Purina and AAEP Foundation will be on hand to discuss how to respond if disaster hits. Come to get an up-close look at the large animal rescue equipment first responders use when responding to natural disasters such as floods, wild-fires, hurricanes, hazmat situations and more. Two equine simulation mannequins will be on-hand as well as actual equipment used in rescues including webbing, glides, and slings. This is a great opportunity to get look at this specialized equipment.
- What: Large Animal Emergency Response Meeting
- When: Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- Where: Benton Co. Fair Grounds – 7640 SW Regional Airport Blvd, Bentonville, AR 72712
- Cost: Free
Schedule of Events:
- 7:00 pm – Presentation, The Community that Trains Together, Stays Together
- 7:45 pm – Q&A session with the experts, followed by equipment inspection and dessert and coffee.
- Dr. Mark Russell of Perry, AR is the Equine Extension Specialist for the University of Arkansas.
- Dr. Daniel Burba, Professor & Interim Dept. Head, Equine Surgery, Oklahoma State University, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Lesa Staubus, from the national humane organization, American Humane.
- Dr. Rebecca S. McConnico, Professor, Professor, Agricultural Sciences, Louisiana Tech University.