Closed: Saturday & Sunday
Purina Lamb Starter
Purina Lamb Starter is designed to help your lambs get off to a great start. This complete lamb feed is formulated with the right balance of grain, roughage, protein, vitamins and minerals. As a result, it provides essential nutrients when feed intake is typically low in stressed lambs. Purina Lamb Starter feed contains 16%-protein, 1.5%-fat and high levels of trace minerals and vitamins that help support the immune system, health and optimizes performance of lambs.
Follow these management practices:
- Lambs should be adjusted gradually to this product (over a period of 5 to 7 days) to reduce the risk of overeating and other digestive disturbances.
- This ration can be self-fed to lambs if they are properly adjusted to the ration.
- Do not allow starved lambs access to this feed.
- Vaccinate all lambs to prevent enterotoxemia (overeating disease) with both C and D toxoid.
- Keep a constant supply of complete feed available to lambs. Do not allow fine material to accumulate in feeders.
- Provide adequate bunk space for each animal. Bunks should be well protected and well managed to prevent feed from becoming wet and moldy.
- When fed from a self-feeder, adjust feeder to minimize quantity of feed accumulating in the trough.
- Provide free choice salt at all times.
- Fresh, clean water should be available at all times.
Nursing, Orphan and Early Weaned Lambs: Feed to suckling lambs and lambs on milk replacer in creep area as soon as they will eat, usually by one week of age.
Receiving Lambs: Feed hay only on the first day lambs are received. Lambs can then be adapted to full feed over the next 5 to 7 days depending on the stress level imposed on the lambs during shipping.
Keep feed fresh and clean by feeding once or twice daily. Feed until lambs are weaned or until 6 weeks of age. Then gradually switch lambs to their appropriate grow/finish diet.
Lambs can be offered 10% (of their total feed) good quality grass hay in addition to this diet.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.